|My 8 year old Beauty|
Here are some of the things that we want to remember about Kaitlyn this past year.....
- She was desperate to lose a tooth, and finally, when she was 7.5 years old, 1 tooth fell out, followed by 2 more....but that's it so far!!! She doesn't seem too bothered by it, even when her friends have lost 8+ teeth.
- Kaitlyn is such an artist/creative person.....she doesn't get any of that from me....she loves crafting, and making elaborate forts with sheets, and designing dresses out of scarves or bedsheets and a belt, painting her nails, creating picture books, making cards....she has an eye for fashion and art....it's gonna be cool to see where that takes her as she grows up.
|Always up for trying out new things....like riding a camel!|
- Kaitlyn loves to read which is awesome to see....hope that never ends.
- Kaitlyn loves anything fancy.
- Kaitlyn has a sweet tooth...unfortunately this doesn't bring out the best of her character as she attempts to gratify her cravings without permission....lots of work done and to be done on that one! It's all just chances to shape her character....one candy-sneaking episode at a time! :)
|Loves her little sister!|
- Kaitlyn enjoys drinking tea out of a travel mug....even if she's just around the house.....I think she thinks it's a grown-up thing to do....
- Kaitlyn loves her friends and loves being with them....I always say to her: "If I was 8, I would want to be your friend!"....
- At one point, Kaitlyn's favorite hairstyle was half of her hair up in a ponytail and the other half, hanging loose.....
- Kaitlyn is a great helper with Evie, entertaining her when I need an extra minute to finish something, reading her books, walking with her.....she loves to hug and kiss Evie (much to Evie's dismay....not the most touchy feely kid). Kaitlyn is going to be a fun Aunt and an awesome Mom.
|A girl with a sweet tooth...|
- Kaitlyn loves to talk on skype with her cousins.....we'll call them up and then just leave the kids to chat away...often times they'll talk for an hour! Ok, talking, maybe not, but giggling and having fun....yes!
- Kaitlyn loves tacos, spaghetti, chicken pot pie, jello, peaches and plums (can't get those in Chad so she stocked up in Morocco.....3-4 per day!!), chicken noodle soup and apple sauce to name a few of her favorite foods.
- Kaitlyn really wants to get her ears pierced and I would let her but I told her that when she lets me near her scrapes and injuries to clean them and bandage them without screaming at the top of her lungs and refusing.....ya....THEN she can get her ears pierced. I foresee major ear infections and her not letting me treat them....and so we wait a couple more years.
- She loves to paint her nails....never just 1 color....
|Blue is her color of choice!|
- She is a great big sister to Lily, most of the time....besides the normal sibling squabbles, they get along great and play really well together....they both have great imaginations and can personify any object and make a game of it....love seeing that creativity and sister love!
|'Happy Birdsday' cake at a restaurant in Morocco....|
So sweet of them to try! :)
- Kaitlyn has a pen pal named Zoe....
- Kaitlyn has been praying that Gramma would come to visit for about 6 months now.....persistence pays off.....Lord willing, she's coming in December!
|May your dreams come true.....|
|Horseback riding on the beach in Morocco....one of the things|
we did on her birthday.
|Anna and Kaitlyn....BFF|
We love you Kaitlyn, and are so proud of you. You are a good friend, sister, and daughter and we can't wait to see what this year holds for you.....praying for you....always.